Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Rug Decor Questions . . .

Hello all . . . I've got rugs on my mind!  Its finally here, my time to shine - to decorate - to be bold.  After searching my favorite home decor blogs, I've come to the conclusion that I want stripes, indoor/outdoor versatility, and bold colors to brighten up my very neutral rooms.  To that end, I've found an amazing website that fits all of my criteria at www.dashandalbert.com .

The choices seem almost endless . . .

However, I think I've narrowed it down to some pretty great rug patterns.  I am going classical blue/striped with indoor/outdoor rugs in the living room.  I figure it will be a nice, low-key splash of color in a room where the focus should be the view (ahhh the view).  After our last winter storm, we sustained some pretty significant water intrusion through our front door.  Hence, any rug in this area will need to be waterproof, easy to pick up for outdoor cleaning, and durable . . . thus my choice of an indoor/outdoor.  Here are the finalist:

Light blue rope rug and Trimaran Stripe Light Blue/Ivory stripe
Next up is the girls room and this one was a pretty clear choice, although I am a little worried about the actual color it will turn out to be in real life.  This runner will line the bottom of their beds.  My hope is that it matches their bedspread.

Birmigham Citrus
Here was the second runner up choice . . . may still be the winner, but its a wee bit more expensive and actually looks really pea green in reality.


Then comes our "master" bedroom and the problem is SIZE. I originally wanted to have one big rug that went under the bed and stuck out from the sides . . . well that is one really big rug.  This "largeness" ran smack against my "be able to shake out" need.  Next, I envisioned runners on either side of the bed, but the only runner option would leave 2 feet hanging beyond the end of the bed (seemed a little tacky to me).

So now I'm back at the drawing board.  If anyone has any advice, please email me!!

Oh, yeah, here are my two color schemes . . .

Idea #1 - matches bathroom and girls room colors
Idea #2 - matches living room and my love of red/orange/coral. 

Can you see my problem?  They are both soooooo pretty!!  I seriously can't decide.  My hope is by keeping similar colors and a stripe theme in each room then the cabin will have a cohesive look.

I promise to take pictures of my final choices in their native environment once I purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment